Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Watching Soccer

A very HOT day today – with a “feels like” temperature of 97! Glad we got out and did our errands early.          
Watched the USA win a World Cup game!! Yippee!  The best part was before the game when our national anthem was played - remember the games are in Brazil – and even over the TV we could hear the spectators singing it. Every word was clear. Very inspiring.
And today Mexico held Brazil to a 0 to 0 tie. Brazil is supposed to be the best team in the world. Good for Mexico.
After all my work yesterday I’m taking it easy today. Every part of me feels every single year. Just some of the mess I had going on – where did all of that stuff come from? 50 years of accumulating I guess. Glad it is done.
I’m almost to the end of my knitting project and have spent most of the day playing frog – ripit ripit!  Made one mistake and have ripped and ripped and can’t get it corrected. Every time I think it is okay I either end up the next row with one too many or short one stitch. Not going to touch it until tomorrow…
I mentioned that years ago I made a quilt for the Alfa I made it using photos I’d taken on our trips. Over the years the photos have faded away so I’m trying to figure out how I can add new photos (or the same ones if I can find them) without remaking the quilt or making a completely new one. There are 38 photos on it. Thinking maybe I can reprint the photos – or print new ones and somehow sew them right over the old ones. With some kind of border – rick rack or something – need to go to JoAnns and look around. Just getting the photo material and ink for the pictures is going to be expensive I don’t want to have to redo the whole quilt.
Noticed on our way to town this a.m. that the lilies are blooming in the woods. So pretty.  
Whew – time to go back downstairs where it is somewhat cooler.
Talking to the insurance company about getting the windshield in the Alfa replaced...

No comments:

Post a Comment