Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Hate New Computers!

A beautiful sunny day here in Indiana and what was I doing all day? Sitting up here in the computer room working on getting my new PC up and running. It's almost 9:00 and and I'm still not finished. New PC and new Operating System. My old PC was old so of course all the stuff (scanner, keyboard, mouse, programs etc.) were old too. Some things like the scanner will have to be replaced - no drivers for Windows 7 available. This new mouse makes a loud "click" when clicked and the keyboard has some of the keys in different places.
Had fits getting Photoshop Elements 3 - "not compatible" - and a couple of Microsoft products "you've loaded them too many times" loaded and working. But they are now okay. Of course all of my documents and pictures that I moved from the old computer to this one are now in different places so my slide shows and web pages can't find them. GRRRRR. Will fix them little by little as I need to.
And all the crap they load onto a new computer - just what are Blio and Zinio???? I don't want them! Some things I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't know what they are. Will look some of them up on the web tomorrow and try to get rid of them.  I still have to figure out how to change the way things look - all the type is too small. Has something to do with the resolution I think. Well tomorrow is another day - and it's supposed to rain so guess I'll try to finish things up. Probably dream about programs and computers all night.

1 comment:

  1. I have to chuckle but I feel your agony! I hate computer problems as much as I hate car problems. It is so nerve wracking! I uninstalled something once that I wish I hadn't......so be careful what you do. We are in for rain all week!

    ReplyDelete