Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th - No Joy Here Today

July 4th a.m.
Our 4th of July table

And outside

Well there is no joy here on top of the hill today. Argentina lost – got whipped!- in the World Cup yesterday and Kyle smacked the wall while leading in the Cup race last night.
Our neighborhood philosopher kind of summed it up on his slate “Man plans - God laughs.”
Got some work done on my quilt between games and race. What I’m doing now I can do with my old sewing machine – did I mention that my good one is in for repair – I’m afraid for them to call me to tell me how much. Will be cheaper than buying a new one but still…….Back to the quilt – I’ll be putting the binding around the edges today, tomorrow, the next day … it’s a big quilt.
Going to be a HOT one today 92+ and of course humid. Good afternoon to turn on the air conditioning and sit under the fan and read my new book. Janet Evanovich new Stephenie Plum book. #16.
Bill is already outside watering his hanging basket flowers.

They dry out so fast in this heat. Next year I said we should just by fake ones then they would last more than one year. In the long run would be much cheaper.
Seems like everyday we have new things blooming. This is just one of the beautiful lilies that the deer didn’t manage to eat.

We enclosed the area where the ford is parked – now it looks like we have our own “covered bridge.”
Till later....

No comments:

Post a Comment